Definition of portly:
distinguished, replete, podgy, tubby, full, blubbery, staid, weighty, grand, stately, majestic, overweight, lardy, stalwart, hardy, roly-poly, heavy, sturdy, buxom, imposing, striking, august, impressive, ample, gross, porcine, overblown, distingué, remarkable, fatty, round, solemn.
- obese (part of speech: adjective)
- size (part of speech: adjective)
- "The Desire of the Moth; and The Come On", Eugene Manlove Rhodes.
- "None Other Gods", Robert Hugh Benson.
- "The Ridin' Kid from Powder River", Henry Herbert Knibbs.