Definition of powerless:
inundated, restrictive, flooded, high and dry, exclusive, hamstrung, low-powered, prohibitive, specific, nerveless, limiting, within limits, overwhelmed, overcome, finite, paralyzed, overpowered, swamped, strong, under control, handcuffed, incapacitated, hog-tied, weak, restricted, help, feeble, impuissant, ineffectual, ability, helpless, limited, engulfed.
- feeble (part of speech: adjective)
- weak (part of speech: adjective)
- impotent (part of speech: adjective)
- "The Complete Historical Romances of Georg Ebers", Georg Ebers.
- "A History of England Principally in the Seventeenth Century, Volume I (of 6)", Leopold von Ranke.
- "Pius IX. And His Time", The Rev. Ã?neas MacDonell Dawson.