Definition of prayer:
supplication, orison, rogation, ceremony, petitioner, petition, benediction, anthem, appeal, supplicant, charm, litany, baptize, vision, future, expectation, consecrate, anoint, call down, adjuration, blessing, suppliant, collect, optimism, collection, circumcise, conjuration, celebrate, pious hope, devotions, suppliance, confession, circumcision, entreaty, baptise, hope, requester, the Book of Common Prayer, intercession, light at the end of the tunnel, ask, appealingness, cry, a ray of light/comfort, baptism, postulation, imploration, thanksgiving, praise, pleading, suit, contemplation, celebrant, ingathering, bless, law, catechism, amen, desire.
- appeal (part of speech: noun)
- worship (part of speech: noun)
- "Thankful Rest", Annie S. Swan.
- "The Children's Bible", Henry A. Sherman Charles Foster Kent.
- "The Marquis of Lossie", George MacDonald.