Definition of precursor:
buildup, progenitor, vanguard, preamble, presager, trumpeter, angel, precondition, forerunner, daddy, preface, granddaddy, harbinger, foregoer, foresight, show, precede, outrider, parent, messenger, herald.
- beginning (part of speech: noun)
- precursor (part of speech: noun)
- original (part of speech: noun)
In the speeches of those who moved and seconded the resolutions submitted to the meeting, reference was repeatedly made to the permanent Imperial Institute, of which the Indo- Colonial Exhibition seemed the precursor.- "Speeches and Addresses of H. R. H. the Prince of Wales: 1863-1888", Edward VII.
- "The Shrieking Pit", Arthur J. Rees.
- "The Rise and Fall of the Confederate Government, Vol. 1 (of 2)", Jefferson Davis.