Definition of predominant:
rife, principal, central, main, regnant, elementary, imperious, overpowering, incompetent, grand, paramount, efficacious, supervisory, current, overmastering, number one, basic, preponderant, primary, superlative, absolute, effective, mighty, prior, be everywhere, diffuse, prevailing, prepotent, weighty, frequent, dominating, dominant, overbearing, great, arch, widespread, official, prime, primal, cardinal, numero uno, arbitrary, capital, prolific, overabundant, reigning, greatest, key, overriding, submissive, potent, prevalent, almighty, omnipotent, transcendent, big, governing, specific, familiar, surpassing, plethoric, executive, preponderating, predominate, premier, numerous, preeminent, first, highest.
- average (part of speech: adjective)
superior (part of speech: adjective)
- influential (part of speech: adjective)
- "Selections From Poe", J. Montgomery Gambrill.
- "The Simple Life", Charles Wagner.
- "Bushido, the Soul of Japan", Inazo Nitobé.