Definition of preside:
- control (part of speech: verb)
- dominate (part of speech: verb)
- master (part of speech: verb)
- direct (part of speech: verb)
- "Tacitus: The Histories, Volumes I and II", Caius Cornelius Tacitus.
It has been made the agreeable duty of the United States to preside over a conference at Washington between the plenipotentiaries of Spain and the allied South American Republics, which has resulted in an armistice, with the reasonable assurance of a permanent peace.- "Complete State of the Union Addresses from 1790 to the Present", Various.
- "Rulers of India: Lord Clive", George Bruce Malleson.