Definition of prevailing:
current, predominate, public, preponderating, prolific, sweeping, be everywhere, preponderant, rife, frequent, chief, numerous, supreme, regnant, in progress, vulgar, popular, plethoric, widespread, at this time, predominant, immediate, overall, modern-day, rampant, comprehensive, received, majority, overabundant, principal, paramount, dominant, ascendant, overriding, important, diffuse, present, alive, prevalent, worldwide, prepotent, wonted, specific, going, widespread.
- existing (part of speech: verb)
- dominating (part of speech: verb)
regular (part of speech: adjective)
- remaining (part of speech: verb)
- succeeding (part of speech: verb)
- "Our Legal Heritage, 4th Ed.", S. A. Reilly.
- "The Red Derelict", Bertram Mitford.
- "Zanoni", Edward Bulwer Lytton.