Definition of profess:
knowledge, feign, put on, guarantee, own, venture, allow, bluff, dissemble, make/prove your/a point, let on, guess, allege, yield, concede, follow, act, sham, simulate, pretend, insist, pass, fink, make, hazard, fake, witness, come clean, point to, vouch for, squeal, practice, purport, be/feel called to do something, show, prove, avow, confess, true, confirm, affect, counterfeit, lay down, protest, cede, get religion, make believe, grant.
- affirm (part of speech: verb)
- believe (part of speech: verb)
- "A Book of Quaker Saints", Lucy Violet Hodgkin.
- "The Complete Project Gutenberg Works of George Meredith", George Meredith.
- "Martin Hewitt, Investigator", Arthur Morrison.