Definition of prohibit:
nix, exterminate, get in the way of something, end, discourage, obstruct, extirpate, obliterate, inhibit, not brook something, stamp out, decline, preclude, repeal, allow, squash, disallow, avoid, overthrow, annul, halt, avert, abolish, interdict, hinder, interdict, subvert, destroy, knock something on the head, disallow, veto, stop, hinder, proscribe, impede, supplant, prevent, hinder, reverse, taboo, revoke, set aside, forbid, abate, negative, foreclose, forbid, debar, forestall, enjoin, debar, annihilate, nullify, clamp down, abrogate, terminate.
- exclude (part of speech: verb)
- prohibit (part of speech: verb)
- "Our Legal Heritage, 4th Ed.", S. A. Reilly.
- "The Anti-Slavery Examiner, Omnibus", American Anti-Slavery Society.
- "Problems in American Democracy", Thames Ross Williamson.