Definition of promising:
propitious, help, brilliant, lustrous, up-and-coming, vivid, likely, shiny, sure-fire, undimmed, coming, optimistic, auspicious, shining, burnished, budding, bright, healthy, sure, increase, feasible, smart, cheering, fair, upbeat, heartening.
affirming (part of speech: verb)
- setting down
- guaranteeing (part of speech: verb)
- promising (part of speech: verb)
- agreeing (part of speech: verb)
- "Grace Harlowe's Second Year at Overton College", Jessie Graham Flower.
- "In Indian Mexico (1908)", Frederick Starr.
- "Our Young Folks at Home and Abroad", Various.