Definition of propriety:
decentness, goodness, right, virtue, usual, good form, pleasantry, proprieties, properness, concord, agreeableness, behavior, form, amenity, civility, inconsistency, appositeness, righteousness, rightfulness, ethicality, decency, ethic, integrity, respectability, comeliness, good, mores, advisability, consonance, harmony, rightness, pleasantness, morality, incongruity, dignity, correspondence, happiness, courtesy, good breeding, compatibility, felicitousness, correctitude, decorousness, ethicalness, suitableness, modesty, respectableness, purity.
- conformity (part of speech: noun)
- fitness (part of speech: noun)
- propriety (part of speech: noun)
- expedience (part of speech: noun)
- "The Young Man and the World", Albert J. Beveridge.
- "The Anti-Slavery Examiner, Omnibus", American Anti-Slavery Society.
- "The Rise and Fall of the Confederate Government, Vol. 1 (of 2)", Jefferson Davis.