Definition of prosaic:
trite, stock, average, common, pragmatic, everyday, sterile, flavorless, real, threadbare, standard-issue, garden-variety, colorless, cut-and-dried, lifeless, hardheaded, spiritless, hard, earthbound, lusterless, tough-minded, usual, well-worn, uninteresting, unremarkable, matter of fact, lackluster, drab, commonplace, standard, old-hat, excite, hackneyed, unglamourous, unromantic, nondescript, normal, workaday, unglamorous, pedestrian, stodgy, shopworn, objective, banal, sober, pragmatical, realistic, arid, terrestrial, tired, unrhetorical, prosy, aseptic, unexciting, unimaginative, routine, down-to-earth, run-of-the-mill, uninspired, flat, practical, timeworn, unexceptional, nitty-gritty, humdrum.
- boring (part of speech: adjective)
- prose (part of speech: adjective)
- succinct (part of speech: adjective)
- literal (part of speech: adjective)
- "A Frontier Mystery", Bertram Mitford.
- "A Country Gentleman and his Family", Mrs. (Margaret) Oliphant.
- "When Ghost Meets Ghost", William Frend De Morgan.