Definition of protesting:
Synonyms for protesting:
opposing (part of speech: verb)
- contentious (part of speech: adjective)
- oppositional (part of speech: adjective)
- protesting (part of speech: verb)
- contending (part of speech: verb)
He assured her that she was the only woman he could ever love; he seized her ungloved hand and fervently kissed it; in short, he offered her his hand and heart in the most approved style, the while protesting his absolute unworthiness to aspire to such an honour as her acceptance of the same.- "Men, Women and Guns", H. C. (Herman Cyril) McNeile.
- "Literary Love-Letters and Other Stories", Robert Herrick.
- "The Rosie World", Parker Fillmore.