Definition of prototype:
picture, start, figure of speech, image, foregoer, brand, substitution class, type, byproduct, warning, lineup, granddaddy, brand name, master, protoplast, illustration, generation, effigy, brand leader, double, range, range of a function, line, end product, template, simulacrum, epitome, paradigm, stereotype, exemplification, case, derivative, ikon, representative, icon, daddy, the personification of something, look-alike, commodity, father, mental image, trope, persona, ensample.
- model (part of speech: adjective)
- precursor (part of speech: noun)
- prototype (part of speech: verb)
- original (part of speech: noun)
- "Down and Out in the Magic Kingdom", Cory Doctorow.
- "Cathedrals of Spain", John A. (John Allyne) Gade.
- "Popular Law-making", Frederic Jesup Stimson.