Definition of provide:
- To supply with anything necessary, useful, or appropriate; to provide; to equip; to fit out, or fit up; to adorn; as, to furnish a family with provisions; to furnish one with arms for defense; to furnish a Cable; to furnish the mind with ideas; to furnish one with knowledge or principles; to furnish an expedition or enterprise, a room or a house.
permit, append, tin, afford, outfit, bring about, bear, pass on, turn over, run, bid, go forth, nominate, set up, can, produce, yield, stand, propose, give up, let, support, cater to, domiciliate, result, arrange, take into account, turn in, invent, appropriate, depart, picture, digest, render, put forward, depict, fork up, minister, supply, purvey, abide, endure, transfer, curb, allow for, brook, take care of, fit up, raise, hand, inaugurate, leave alone, keep, furnish, put up, provision, fork out, regulate, fit, satisfy, make, return, interpret, stomach, fit out, translate, cure, will, ply, care for, come through, resource, accommodate, succeed, store, stick out, determine, offer up, leave behind, rig, countenance, admit, erect, forget, go out, exit, proffer, form, bring home the bacon, entrust, keep down, earmark, lead, hand over, issue, maintain, cater, post, set off, control, generate, take away, add, administer, tolerate, house, offer, deliver the goods, set aside, pull up stakes, start off, get out, catalyze, rear, pop the question, fork over, restrict, refuse, limit, procure, contain, create, volunteer, show, suffer, leave, come up with, equip, trigger, reserve, try, stock, go away, win, confine, declare oneself.
give (part of speech: verb)
- supply (part of speech: verb)
- "How I Found Livingstone", Sir Henry M. Stanley.
- "Old Fritz and the New Era", Louise Muhlbach.
- "The Coming of the King", James Hocking.