Definition of punish:
bring to book, banish, paddle, whip, disbar, hang, lick, train, thrash, fix, administer, mete out, deal out, blackball, attend to, behead, light into, reprove, disbench, electrocute, spank, cuff, expel, exile, hand down, lower the boom, immure, make an example of, kill, throw the book at, inflict penalty, beat, teach someone a lesson, smite, trounce, make it hot for, dismiss, masthead, come down hard on, penalise, crack down on, teach one a lesson, give it to, blacklist, ground, lecture, vindicate, pitch into, defrock, make an example of someone, give a dressing-down, take the law into your own hands, flog, birch, scold, reward, give what for, penalize, censure, visit punishment, visit, switch.
- penalize (part of speech: verb)
- revenge (part of speech: verb)
- punish (part of speech: verb)
- "King of the Castle", George Manville Fenn.
- "The Mystery of Metropolisville", Edward Eggleston.
- "The Strange Story Book", Mrs. Andrew Lang.