Definition of punishment:
just deserts, lenient, comeuppance, penalty, abusive, deprivation, light-touch, brotherly, mulct, forfeit, wrath, reward, unhappiness, suffering, disciplinary action, desert, penance, mortification, infliction, nemesis, penalization, amercement, carrot-and-stick treatment, penalisation, a slap on the wrist, reproof, confiscation, conveyor belt, deserts, leniency, indulgent, ingratiating, lesson, demeaning, trial, dose of strap oil, rap on the knuckles, exploitative, nurturance, sequestration.
- penalty (part of speech: noun)
- revenge (part of speech: noun)
- punishment (part of speech: noun)
- "A Girl in Ten Thousand", L. T. Meade.
- "Love's Final Victory", Horatio.
- "The Pool in the Desert", Sara Jeanette Duncan.