Definition of putrefaction:
depravation, vector decomposition, rottenness, guff, buncombe, subversion, putrescence, depravity, decadency, decadence, better, rot, turpitude, thrive, bunkum, decomposition reaction, hogwash, degeneracy, decomposition, breakdown, rotting, corruptness, bunk, putridness.
- deterioration (part of speech: noun)
- fetor (part of speech: noun)
- disintegration (part of speech: noun)
- "Common Diseases of Farm Animals", R. A. Craig, D. V. M..
- "Ã?mile Verhaeren", Stefan Zweig.
After having lain a whole year on the beach at Spitzbergen they may be taken on board a vessel without any great inconvenience, a proof that putrefaction proceeds with extreme slowness in the Polar regions.- "The Voyage of the Vega round Asia and Europe, Volume I and Volume II", A.E. Nordenskieold.