Definition of putrefy:
- deteriorate (part of speech: verb)
- disintegrate (part of speech: verb)
- dirty (part of speech: verb)
After throwing away the remains of yesterday's meat, one night in this climate being enough to putrefy it, l'Encuerado arranged some fishing- lines along the stream, and our little party set off, struggling against the heat, the mosquitoes, and the horse- flies.- "Adventures of a Young Naturalist", Lucien Biart.
- "Nature Cure", Henry Lindlahr.
- "The Journal of Arthur Stirling "The Valley of the Shadow"", Upton Sinclair.