Definition of quadrangle :
1. A plane figure having four angles, and consequently four sides; any figure having four angles.
2. A square or quadrangular space or inclosure, such a space or court surrounded by buildings, esp. such a court in a college or public school in England.
alleyway, courtyard, car park, back, musculus quadriceps femoris, cloister, blind alley, arcade, space, quadruplet, close, yard, court, place, quadriceps, quad, backyard, alley, forum, enclosure, atrium, quadriceps femoris, patio, campus
four (part of speech: noun)
geometric figure (part of speech: noun)
dodecahedron, parallelogram, parallelepiped, pentahedron, octagon, scalene triangle, hexahedron, polygon, pentagon, rectangle, tetragon, hexagon, trapezoid, right-angle triangle, cube, quadrilateral, equilateral triangle, triangle, rhombus, heptagon, dodecagon, cusp, square, tetragram, polyhedron, tetrahedron, isosceles triangle, decagon, octahedron
- Nor are those inserted which were built on the site of the church in the centre of the quadrangle. - "Chapters in the History of the Insane in the British Isles", Daniel Hack Tuke.
- I looked at my watch and found that it was nearly eleven o'clock, so we bolted down- stairs and across the quadrangle as hard as we could. - "Godfrey Marten, Undergraduate", Charles Turley.
- From the gymnasium steps one looks across an attractive, well- kept quadrangle of shaded turf, vegetable and flower gardens, and tennis- courts. - "The Turner Twins", Ralph Henry Barbour.