Definition of quadrant :
1. One of the four parts into which a plane is divided by the coordinate axes. The upper right- hand part is the first quadrant; the upper left- hand part the second; the lower left- hand part the third; and the lower right- hand part the fourth quadrant.
2. The fourth part; the quarter.
3. The quarter of a circle, or of the circumference of a circle, an arc of 90¡, or one subtending a right angle at the center.
- As follows: " Take the quadrant of a circle whose circumference is given, square the quadrant which gives the true square of the circle. - "A Budget of Paradoxes, Volume II (of II)", Augustus de Morgan.
- They seized the governor's cutter and putting into her a seine, fishing- lines, and hooks, firearms, a quadrant, compass, and some provisions, boldly pushed out to sea, determined to brave every danger and combat every hardship, rather than remain longer in a captive state. - "A Complete Account of the Settlement at Port Jackson", Watkin Tench.
- She must get to the Quadrant. - "Patricia Brent, Spinster", Herbert Jenkins.