Definition of quadratic :
1. Of or pertaining to a square, or to squares; resembling a quadrate, or square; square.
2. Pertaining to terms of the second degree; as, a quadratic equation, in which the highest power of the unknown quantity is a square.
- I should never teach him quadratic equations again. - "The Morals of Marcus Ordeyne", William J. Locke.
- The junior had long since finished algebra and was not thinking much about the otherÃ¢â‚¬â„¢ s apparent interest in a certain problem in quadratic equations which she pointed out on one of the papers. - "Marjorie Dean College Freshman", Pauline Lester.
- She can make me understand mathematics, which is going some, and how I am to proceed into quadratic equations without her, I cannot see. - "Vacation with the Tucker Twins", Nell Speed.