Definition of quadrilateral:
- A plane figure having four sides, and consequently four angles; a quadrangular figure; any figure formed by four lines.
- An area defended by four fortresses supporting each other; as, the Venetian quadrilateral, comprising Mantua, Peschiera, Verona, and Legnano.
- Having four sides, and consequently four angles; quadrangular.
geometric figure (part of speech: noun)
- scalene triangle,
- right-angle triangle,
- equilateral triangle,
- isosceles triangle,
- four (part of speech: noun)
- square (part of speech: noun)
At the entrance of the heavenly quadrilateral, or under the rising dawn of the four fixed stars which compose our Northern Cross among the constellations of dramatic romance hung high in the highest air of poetry, we may well pause for very dread of our own delight, lest unawares we break into mere babble of childish rapture and infantile thanksgiving for such light vouchsafed even to our " settentrional vedovo sito" that even at their first dawn out of the depths Goder pareva il ciel di lor fiammelle.- "A Study of Shakespeare", Algernon Charles Swinburne.
- "The Astronomy of Milton's 'Paradise Lost'", Thomas Orchard.
- "The Development of the European Nations, 1870-1914 (5th ed.)", John Holland Rose.