Definition of quadrille:
- A dance having five figures, in common time, four couples of dancers being in each set.
- A game played by four persons with forty cards, being the remainder of an ordinary pack after the tens, nines, and eights are discarded.
- Marked with squares, generally by thin lines crossing at right angles and at equal intervals; as, quadrille paper, or plotting paper.
- The appropriate music for a quadrille.
- "The Comings of Cousin Ann", Emma Speed Sampson.
- "The Two Vanrevels", Booth Tarkington.
- "Routledge's Manual of Etiquette", George Routledge.