Definition of quarrel :
1. A breach of concord, amity, or obligation; a falling out; a difference; a disagreement; an antagonism in opinion, feeling, or conduct; esp., an angry dispute, contest, or strife; a brawl; an altercation.
2. A four- sided cutting tool or chisel having a diamond- shaped end.
3. A glazier's diamond.
4. A small opening in window tracery, of which the cusps, etc., make the form nearly square.
5. A square of glass, esp. when set diagonally.
6. A square or lozenge- shaped paving tile.
7. An arrow for a crossbow; - so named because it commonly had a square head.
8. Any small square or quadrangular member
9. Earnest desire or longing.
10. Ground of objection, dislike, difference, or hostility; cause of dispute or contest; occasion of altercation.
11. One who quarrels or wrangles; one who is quarrelsome.
12. To compel by a quarrel; as, to quarrel a man out of his estate or rights.
13. To dispute angrily, or violently; to wrangle; to scold; to altercate; to contend; to fight.
14. To find fault; to cavil; as, to quarrel with one's lot.
15. To quarrel with.
16. To violate concord or agreement; to have a difference; to fall out; to be or become antagonistic.
junk, enmity, gainsay, fray, squabble, disapproval, altercation, feud, speech, language, strife, spat, word, debate, run-in, haggling, wrangling, course, polemic, dustup, lyric, row, broil, scrap, disagreement, trash, haggle, animosity, bitterness, complaint, contest, actor's line, rhubarb, challenge, tangle, fight, words, argufy, rowing, altercate, tiff, hostility, difficulty, affray, objection
contend (part of speech: verb)
contention (part of speech: noun)
contrariety, confrontation, protest, friction, encounter, antipathy, dispute, antagonism, contention, controversy, struggle, dissidence, dissension, argument, tension, opposition, resistance, conflict