Definition of quarry:
- A heap of game killed.
- A part of the entrails of the beast taken, given to the hounds.
- A place, cavern, or pit where stone is taken from the rock or ledge, or dug from the earth, for building or other purposes; a stone pit. See 5th Mine ( a).
- Quadrate; square.
- Same as 1st Quarrel.
- The object of the chase; the animal hunted for; game; especially, the game hunted with hawks.
- To dig or take from a quarry; as, to quarry marble.
- To secure prey; to prey, as a vulture or harpy.
excavation, coal, mark, mine, gallery, endocarp, victim, objective, fair game, pit, conflict diamonds, lode, aim, coal mining, flag, orchestra pit, location, infernal region, fossa, stone pit, object, signpost, colliery, give up, coal mine, among, target area, coalfield, nether region, hidden, chase, vein, cavity, shaft, target, coal miner, perdition, accessible, placement, goldmine, pitfall, gold rush, stone, butt, trace, prey, game.
- "The Life of the Spider", J. Henri Fabre.
- "The Chronicles of Clovis", Saki.
- ""Where Angels Fear to Tread" and Other Stories of the Sea", Morgan Robertson.