Definition of quaver:
- A shake, or rapid and tremulous vibration, of the voice, or of an instrument of music.
- An eighth note. See Eighth.
- Especially, to shake the voice; to utter or form sound with rapid or tremulous vibrations, as in singing; also, to trill on a musical instrument
- To tremble; to vibrate; to shake.
- To utter with quavers.
jounce, totter, fluctuate, warble, hesitate, sway, falter, vacillate, flitter, twitter, brandish, rock, flap, flicker, waver, weave, oscillate, repetition, thrill, waffle, reel, wave, swing, descant, joggle, flutter, yodel, eighth note, vibrate, tremble, trill.
- "The Reclaimers", Margaret Hill McCarter.
- "What Maisie Knew", Henry James.
- "The Rustler of Wind River", G. W. Ogden.