Definition of queen:
- A male homosexual, esp. one who is effeminate or dresses in women's clothing.
- A playing card bearing the picture of a queen; as, the queen of spades.
- A woman eminent in power or attractions; the highest of her kind; as, a queen in society; - also used figuratively of cities, countries, etc.
- A woman who is the sovereign of a kingdom; a female monarch; as, Elizabeth, queen of England; Mary, queen of Scots.
- The fertile, or fully developed, female of social bees, ants, and termites.
- The most powerful, and except the king the most important, piece in a set of chessmen.
- The wife of a king.
- To act the part of a queen.
- To make a queen ( or other piece, at the player's discretion) of by moving it to the eighth row; as, to queen a pawn.
matriarch, queen consort, princess, goddess, enchantress, world-beater, deuce, deck, babe, perfection, exponent, chessman, superman, dolly bird, jack, beetle, optimum, queen dowager, face card, the last word, chess, the Top Ten, capture, consort, card, the best, club, monarch, fairy queen, black widow, check, faggot, honey, czarina, diamond, gambit, aristocrat, fagot, eyeful, cutie, fox, poove, maestro, countess, best, May Queen, house of cards, female monarch, tabby, prima donna, stunner, knockout, castle, prodigy, Count, old hand, ant, bee, wife of a king, fag, pouf, bedbug, archduke, blowfly, king, dyke, pansy, baroness, baronet, queen regent, grand master, boll weevil, grande dame, fruit, female sovereign, artist, chessman, regent, the gold standard, nancy, past master, beauty queen, baronetcy, chessboard, checkmate, female ruler, bloodsucker, heart, flagship, queen regnant, cookie, ideal, diva, bishop, aristocracy, empress, queer, ace, aphid, fairy, nance, poof, bluebottle, blowfly, queen mother, bull dyke.
director (part of speech: noun)
- band master,