Definition of quelled:
- calmed (part of speech: verb)
- pacified (part of speech: verb)
- defeated (part of speech: verb)
- "Aylwin", Theodore Watts-Dunton.
- "Lucy Maud Montgomery Short Stories, 1907 to 1908", Lucy Maud Montgomery.
But thou must know that thou hast come into the wood of Evilshaw, wherein, besides those savage men who quelled thee and their like, there be uncouth things no few, and wights that be not of the race of Adam; wherefore no great marvel is it that thou sawest visions, and images of them that were not by thee.- "The Water of the Wondrous Isles", William Morris.