Definition of question :
1. Discussion; debate; hence, objection; dispute; doubt; as, the story is true beyond question; he obeyed without question.
2. Examination with reference to a decisive result; investigation; specifically, a judicial or official investigation; also, examination under torture.
3. Hence, a subject of investigation, examination, or debate; theme of inquiry; matter to be inquired into; as, a delicate or doubtful question.
4. Talk; conversation; speech; speech.
5. That which is asked; inquiry; interrogatory; query.
6. The act of asking; interrogation; inquiry; as, to examine by question and answer.
7. To argue; to converse; to dispute.
8. To ask questions; to inquire.
9. To doubt of; to be uncertain of; to query.
10. To inquire of by asking questions; to examine by interrogatories; as, to question a witness.
11. To raise a question about; to call in question; to make objection to.
12. To talk to; to converse with.
kick, reserve, fuss, capitulum, demurrer, have second thoughts (about something), psyche, perplexity, move, beside the point, movement, reservation, referent, immaterial, research, indecision, headway, hesitancy, pick someone's brains, body search, header, expostulation, straits, marvel, head, ground, mystery, motive, content, call into question, can of worms, disbelief, bust, cast doubt on something, motion, put to, certain, apprehend, headspring, breath test, dubiousness, skepticism, enquire, item, fountainhead, difficulty, unbelief, brain, be in doubt, doubtfulness, um and ah, suspense, forefront, sow fear/doubt/confusion etc., misgiving, incredulity, stink, hesitation, interrogative sentence, enquiry, drumhead, arrest, leading question, heading, inquisition, irrelevant, proposal, questionnaire, gesture, put someone on the spot, interrogative, catechism, remonstrance, headland, irresolution, inquiring, uncertainty, apparent movement, demurral, nous, mistrust, call, top dog, complaint, have mixed feelings about something, call something into question/doubt, demur, shake someone's belief/confidence/faith, school principal, bounty hunter, promontory, head word, interrogative mood, have an idea, answer, motility, foreland, suspicion, oral sex, a question mark over something, exception, interrogatory, oppugn, interview, scruple, subject matter, solution, apprehension, breathalyze, dubiety, puzzle, protest, caput, head teacher, pass, mind, principal, scepticism, read/write head, apparent motion, book, easy, feeler, rhetorical question, chief, incertitude, doubt yourself, enigma
doubt (part of speech: verb)
request (part of speech: verb)
topic (part of speech: noun)
exposition, motif, issue, position, dissertation, belief, paradigm, conjecture, concept, subject, hypothesis, essay, axiom, postulation, text, theme, idea, point, argument, inference, assertion, presumption, premise, principle, problem, matter, statement, consideration, thesis, theorem, basis, contention, opinion, topic, assumption
question (part of speech: verb)
canvass, contemplation, challenge, interpolate, explore, examine, inquest, dispute, interrogate, exploration, examination, catechize, poll, ask, quiz, debate, investigate, survey, interpellation, interrogation, contemplate, delve
- " Mr. Chiffinch," said I, " let me first ask one more question. - "Oddsfish!", Robert Hugh Benson.
- But, believe me, it is no question of wrong at all, by any one- now. - "Mrs. Falchion, Complete", Gilbert Parker Last Updated: March 12, 2009.
- The question is, what will you do with him? - "The Title Market", Emily Post.