Definition of quickness:
facility, installation, quick-wittedness, hustle, fast, expeditiousness, adeptness, expedition, ability, readiness, rapidness, mental quickness, dexterity, deftness, dexterousness, agility, agileness, nimbleness, adroitness, celerity, rapidity, dispatch.
- haste (part of speech: noun)
- cunning (part of speech: noun)
- speed (part of speech: noun)
- suddenness (part of speech: noun)
wit (part of speech: noun)
His personal sympathy, his profound humanity, his quickness of feeling, his sincerity, his courage, his absolute fidelity of service, even more than his astonishing vigor of intellect and his earnestness in pursuit of truth, made a deep impression on my mind.- "Recollections and Impressions 1822-1890", Octavius Brooks Frothingham.
- "Jack Tier or The Florida Reef", James Fenimore Cooper.
- "The Best Short Stories of 1921 and the Yearbook of the American Short Story", Various.