Definition of quiet :
1. Free from noise or disturbance; hushed; still.
2. Freedom from disturbance, noise, or alarm; stillness; tranquillity; peace; security.
3. In a state of rest or calm; without stir, motion, or agitation; still; as, a quiet sea; quiet air.
4. Not excited or anxious; calm; peaceful; placid; settled; as, a quiet life; a quiet conscience.
5. Not giving offense; not exciting disorder or trouble; not turbulent; gentle; mild; meek; contented.
6. Not showy; not such as to attract attention; undemonstrative; as, a quiet dress; quiet colors; a quiet movement.
7. The quality or state of being quiet, or in repose; as an hour or a time of quiet.
8. To become still, silent, or calm; - often with down; as, be soon quieted down.
9. To calm; to appease; to pacify; to lull; to allay; to tranquillize; as, to quiet the passions; to quiet clamors or disorders; to quiet pain or grief.
10. To stop motion in; to still; to reduce to a state of rest, or of silence.
unflustered, gratify, politic, laconic, toned-down, relaxing, quieten, blind, confound, casual, guarded, put someone at (their) ease, underemployed, off-duty, succinct, cloistered, reassure, suave, concise, softened, suppress, liquid, hiatus, talk down, refute, deep-seated, understated, steady, burning, calm down, clear, hidden, muted, quietude, free, affective, preclude, chill out, check, plain, unemotional, repressed, tranquillize, tasteful, relaxation, secrecy, isolated, softly, reticent, deep, sound, slumbrous, repress, basic, break in, tone down, conservative, hush up, monosyllabic, whispery, tranquillise, slumberous, choke off, unflurried, satisfy, quiet as a mouse, ameliorate, floor, light, cut out, lown, dampen, muffled, unperturbed, insulate, depth, irritate, shut up, block out, modest, cozy, put/set someone's mind at ease/at rest, economical, tiptoe, slack, palliate, inobtrusive, cut short, cool it, legato, uneventful, available, heartsease, arcadian, ataraxis, excite, restfully, unflashy, quietly, dim, bland, good-tempered, unpretentious, unagitated, unostentatious, cool off, low gear, fluid, letup, muzzle, gag, slowdown, terse, smother, fluent, sleepy, drown, sheltered, answer, low-key, peace of mind, quiesce, tranquillity, pipe down, stifle, stop, bitter, unobtrusive, covert, slacken, quieted, equable, monotone, ring, you could hear a pin drop, noneffervescent, leisure, brief, secret, simmer down, low-keyed, secretiveness, small, quiet down, stilly, catlike, confute, dreamy, remote, somnolent, restful, highlight, acutely, sober
peaceful (part of speech: adjective)
quiet (part of speech: verb)
mild (part of speech: adjective)
forbearing, libertarian, permissive, open-minded, tender, even, charitable, lenient, peaceful, amiable, sweet, insipid, liberal, genial, benign, meek, clement, peaceable, lax, cordial, kind, tolerant, broad-minded, benevolent, mild
pacify (part of speech: verb)
calm (part of speech: verb)
undisturbed, withdrawn, collected, placid, retired, peacefulness, stillness, calmness, lull, equanimity, placate, serene, placidity, unruffled, easygoing, allay, poise, assuage, console, quell, appease, composure, sedate, even-tempered, patience, still
peace (part of speech: noun)
neutrality, peace, quiescence, armistice, order, truce, repose, cease-fire, amity, placidness, tranquility, concord, nonaggression, accord, friendliness, rest, quietness, serenity, orderliness, nonresistance
motionless (part of speech: adjective)
moderate (part of speech: verb)
gentle, innocuous, ease, soft, restrained, subdued, composed, tranquil, abate, relax, tranquilize, alleviate, relaxed, pacify, calm, soothing, soothe, pacific, compose, moderate, restrain, soften, subdue, cool, alleviated, temperate, easy
silence (part of speech: verb)
moderation (part of speech: noun)
silent (part of speech: adjective)
soothe (part of speech: verb)
rest (part of speech: verb)