Definition of quilt :
1. Anything that is quilted; esp., a quilted bed cover, or a skirt worn by women; any cover or garment made by putting wool, cotton, etc., between two cloths and stitching them together; also, any outer bed cover.
2. To stitch or sew in lines or patterns.
3. To stitch or sew together at frequent intervals, in order to confine in place the several layers of cloth and wadding of which a garment, comforter, etc., may be made; as, to quilt a coat.
4. To wad, as a garment, with warm soft material.
powderpuff, counterpane, hassock, ease, bolster, baby's dummy, sympathiser, ottoman, solace, whiff, pad, batt, down puff, pouffe, reliever, puff of air, duvet, pacifier, patchwork quilt, down comforter, canopy, puff, drag, consolation, comfortableness, bed covering, bedlinen, comfort, pieced quilt, pull, allayer, bedding, sympathizer, afghan, teething ring, feather bed, blow
bedspread (part of speech: noun)
sew (part of speech: verb)
- One morning he came into the sitting- room, where the two women sat bent over a quilt on a big, square frame, their needles going methodically up and down. - "Dixie Hart", Will N. Harben.
- He was white as the quilt, and the bed shook with his trembling. - "Dead Men Tell No Tales", E. W. Hornung.
- Where did you come from, Crazy- quilt? - "The Patchwork Girl of Oz", L. Frank Baum.