Definition of quilt:
- Anything that is quilted; esp., a quilted bed cover, or a skirt worn by women; any cover or garment made by putting wool, cotton, etc., between two cloths and stitching them together; also, any outer bed cover.
- To stitch or sew in lines or patterns.
- To stitch or sew together at frequent intervals, in order to confine in place the several layers of cloth and wadding of which a garment, comforter, etc., may be made; as, to quilt a coat.
- To wad, as a garment, with warm soft material.
puff of air, ottoman, drag, down comforter, hassock, sympathiser, comfortableness, solace, bolster, counterpane, bedlinen, down puff, pull, comforter, reliever, sympathizer, comfort, blow, pacifier, bed covering, bedding, pouffe, canopy, pieced quilt, teething ring, puff, duvet, feather bed, pad, ease, whiff, patchwork quilt, batt, afghan, baby's dummy, consolation, powderpuff, allayer.
- "Dixie Hart", Will N. Harben.
- "Dead Men Tell No Tales", E. W. Hornung.
- "The Patchwork Girl of Oz", L. Frank Baum.