Definition of quiz:
- A riddle or obscure question; an enigma; a ridiculous hoax.
- An exercise, or a course of exercises, conducted as a coaching or as an examination.
- An odd or absurd fellow.
- One who quizzes others; as, he is a great quiz.
- To conduct a quiz. See Quiz, n., 4.
- To instruct in or by a quiz. See Quiz, n., 4.
- To peer at; to eye suspiciously or mockingly.
- To puzzle; to banter; to chaff or mock with pretended seriousness of discourse; to make sport of, as by obscure questions.
prove, respect, crackbrain, head case, catechization, pick someone's brains, brain teaser, hangman, charades, crank, screwball, interview, gibe, exam, nut, heckler, zany, tease, original, scoff, try, demand, check, persecutor, jest, laugh, torturer, catechism, jeer, ridiculer, test, quizzer, needler, essay, baiter, questioning, clue, puzzle, oddity, crack, kook, weirdo, codger, ridicule, mocker, quizmaster, flake, harasser, screen, deride, jigsaw, oddball, try out, crossword, twit, character, put to, exam, laughter, scout, nutcase, put someone on the spot, teaser, taunter, nutter, mock, noughts and crosses, crackpot, fruitcake.
question (part of speech: verb)
- "The Crofton Boys", Harriet Martineau.
- "History of the Incas", Pedro Sarmiento de Gamboa.
- "The Paternoster Ruby", Charles Edmonds Walk.