Definition of radiate:
- Belonging to the Radiata.
- Having in a capitulum large ray florets which are unlike the disk florets, as in the aster, daisy, etc.
- Having rays or parts diverging from a center; radiated; as, a radiate crystal.
- One of the Radiata.
- To emit or send out in direct lines from a point or points; as, to radiate heat.
- To emit rays; to be radiant; to shine.
- To enlighten; to illuminate; to shed light or brightness on; to irradiate.
- To proceed in direct lines from a point or surface; to issue in rays, as light or heat.
transmit, radial, disseminate, smooth, glow, spread, brighten, burn, irradiate, glimmer, flicker, smoothen, broadcast, strew, throw out, project, air, emit, expand, shine, strike, ray, reflect, diversify, stellate, polish, sprinkle, coruscate, heat, cast, shed, wide, dispel, move, shimmer, illumine, broaden, widen, warm, glare, branch out, glisten, beam, circulate, fall, throw, emit light, send.
- light (part of speech: verb)
- scatter (part of speech: verb)
- oscillate (part of speech: verb)
- "The Story of the Heavens", Robert Stawell Ball.
- "The Radio Amateur's Hand Book", A. Frederick Collins.
It should be the prayer and purpose of the missionary that every church and congregation established by him become a centre of evangelistic power, whence will radiate divine light and heat into adjacent hamlets and villages.- "India‚??s Problem Krishna or Christ", John P. Jones.