Definition of rage:
- A violent or raging wind.
- Especially, anger accompanied with raving; overmastering wrath; violent anger; fury.
- The subject of eager desire; that which is sought after, or prosecuted, with unreasonable or excessive passion; as, to be all the rage.
- To be furious with anger; to be exasperated to fury; to be violently agitated with passion.
- To be violent and tumultuous; to be violently driven or agitated; to act or move furiously; as, the raging sea or winds.
- To enrage.
- To ravage; to prevail without restraint, or with destruction or fatal effect; as, the plague raged in Cairo.
- To toy or act wantonly; to sport.
- Violent excitement; eager passion; extreme vehemence of desire, emotion, or suffering, mastering the will.
surprise, tantrum, vogue, love, thing, fireworks, the, ferment, displeasure, irritation, cacoethes, indignation, burn, fad, mode, cultus, excitement, petulance, usual, lunacy, popular, peevishness, choler, passion, in style, apoplexy, boil over, convulsion, warmth, blow a gasket, umbrage, conniption fit, fly off the handle, furor, much in demand, eruption, steam, breathe fire, craziness, fit, storm, fashion, passionateness, in vogue, cult, furiousness, style, red, wrath, explosion, ramp, blowup, bristle, ire, pettishness, lyssa, get hot under the collar, conniption, vexation, impatience, study at anger, heat, offense, hysteria, resentment, trend, bitterness, hemorrhage, insaneness, blow up, paroxysm, rabidness, fashionable, temper, acrimony, spasm, folly, foam, concern, fashion, fretfulness, delirium, acerbity, enthusiasm, exasperation, spleen, furore, blow a fuse, huff, mania, animosity, fury, rabidity, hydrophobia, outburst, flare up, religious cult, madness, gall, irateness, rabies, craze, force, foolishness, wrathfulness, feelings, anger, raving.
- blow (part of speech: verb)
violence (part of speech: noun)
- rage (part of speech: verb)
- "Under a Charm, Vol. III. (of III) A Novel", E. Werner.
- "Edgar Saltus: The Man", Marie Saltus.
- "The Weavers, Complete", Gilbert Parker Last Updated: March 14, 2009.