Definition of railway:
- A road or way consisting of one or more parallel series of iron or steel rails, patterned and adjusted to be tracks for the wheels of vehicles, and suitably supported on a bed or substructure.
- The road, track, etc., with all the lands, buildings, rolling stock, franchises, etc., pertaining to them and constituting one property; as, a certain railroad has been put into the hands of a receiver.
- "Stonewall Jackson And The American Civil War", G. F. R. Henderson.
- "The Gun-Brand", James B. Hendryx.
- "Orley Farm", Anthony Trollope.