Definition of rain:
- To bestow in a profuse or abundant manner; as, to rain favors upon a person.
- To fall in drops from the clouds, as water; - used mostly with it for a nominative; as, it rains.
- To fall or drop like water from the clouds; as, tears rained from their eyes.
- To pour or shower down from above, like rain from the clouds.
- Water falling in drops from the clouds; the descent of water from the clouds in drops.
- "Practical Grammar and Composition", Thomas Wood.
- "Journeys Through Bookland Volume Four", Charles H. Sylvester.
- "Can You Forgive Her?", Anthony Trollope.