Definition of raising:
- of Raise
- Specifically, the operation or work of setting up the frame of a building; as, to help at a raising.
- The act of lifting, setting up, elevating, exalting, producing, or restoring to life.
- The operation of embossing sheet metal, or of forming it into cup- shaped or hollow articles, by hammering, stamping, or spinning.
heave, elevator, facelift, face lifting, elevation, rhytidectomy, training, face lift, nip and tuck, height, peak, bringing up, upbringing, fosterage, superlative, genteelness, procreation, education, increasing, ski tow, meridian, summit, airlift, tiptop, reproduction, pinnacle, facts of life, aggrandisement, aggrandizement, raise, cosmetic surgery, acme, lift, altitude, nurture, breeding, top, ski lift, natural elevation, rise, rearing, gentility, fostering, aerodynamic lift, rhytidoplasty.
- elevating (part of speech: verb)
- heightening (part of speech: verb)
- increasing (part of speech: verb)
- elevation (part of speech: noun)
- "The Hampstead Mystery", John R. Watson.
- "Man and Wife", Wilkie Collins.
- "The Eight Strokes of the Clock", Maurice Le Blanc.