Definition of rally:
- A political mass meeting.
- Good- humored raillery.
- The act or process of rallying ( in any of the senses of that word).
- To attack with raillery, either in good humor and pleasantry, or with slight contempt or satire.
- To collect one's vital powers or forces; to regain health or consciousness; to recuperate.
- To collect, and reduce to order, as troops dispersed or thrown into confusion; to gather again; to reunite.
- To come into orderly arrangement; to renew order, or united effort, as troops scattered or put to flight; to assemble; to unite.
- To recover strength after a decline in prices; - said of the market, stocks, etc.
- To use pleasantry, or satirical merriment.
put one over, recovery, mending, drum up, dribble, growth, scold, organize, mobilize, corner, telephone exchange, circulate, bedevil, put on, annual meeting, loosen, move, ricochet, nark, taunt, uprise, marshal, befool, line up, reprimand, promote, get to, dupe, recoil, mobilise, nettle, sympathize, ring, face, marshaling, Grand Prix, lambast, go through the roof, scrape up, call, explosion, fool, get at, escalate, perk up, caucus, remonstrate, mobilization, rehab, race, convalesce, hinge on, represent, improve, remember, conclave, mount, bawl out, badger, rebound, surface, increase, razz, healing, survive, reverberate, rile, upsurge, snapback, find, gravel, gain, think, tantalise, call down, dragster, put one across, torment, chew up, central, step up, commutation, bug, reproof, respond, mend, resile, spurt, demonstration, scrape, surge, agree with, turn on, frustrate, mass meeting, come around, bounce, crucify, add to, vex, retrieve, rise, contest, bait, beat-up, work over, cross, fluff, cite, strengthen, devil, recuperation, checkered flag, devolve on, play, chafe, dun, annoy, upswing, assembly, dress down, backhand, get behind, demo, call on the carpet, leap, auto racing, lambaste, colloquium, align, depend upon, ride, call up, audience, come, lecture, lift, irritate, sit, move up, card, crash helmet, jump, exchange, bother, rag, chip, back, berate, muster up, spring, autocross, jaw, drive, recollect, shake, appointment, AGM, call back, support, substitution, telephone, dive, chew out, Daytona Beach, take a hop, muster, ally, pull through, grid, rehabilitation, multiply, recall, nurse, soar, rise up, summons, slang, revive, catch, audioconferencing, ball, duel, drag race, ascend, cod, beat, speak up for, fight off, come on, get hold, hinge upon, blast, comeback, beleaguer, rallying, endorse, enter, bob up, chide, take up, trounce, interchange, heal, go on, meet, go up, come up, bring forward, depend on, tease apart, raise, summon, scratch, health, arise, phone, take to task, rebuke, have words, briefing, bound, delivery, pester, twit, double, gull, tantalize, take in, cockpit, tease.
- focus (part of speech: verb)
- refresh (part of speech: verb)
- "The Tinder-Box", Maria Thompson Daviess.
- "Betty Wales Freshman", Edith K. Dunton.
- "Masters of the Wheat-Lands", Harold Bindloss.