Definition of ramble:
- A bed of shale over the seam.
- A going or moving from place to place without any determinate business or object; an excursion or stroll merely for recreation.
- To extend or grow at random.
- To talk or write in a discursive, aimless way.
- To walk, ride, or sail, from place to place, without any determinate object in view; to roam carelessly or irregularly; to rove; to wander; as, to ramble about the city; to ramble over the world.
cheat, climb, cast off, babble, amble, slog, drop, seethe, tramp, digress, gossip, throw off, hurtle, expatiate, vomit up, regorge, chuck, draw, affirm, stray, range, be adrift, cuckold, rate, project, swan, float, gallivant, place, prose, thread, undulate, puke, hustle, pad, go astray, disgorge, aver, harp on, meander, contrive, revolve, perambulate, fork, roll out, peregrinate, set out, approach, stroll, cat, amplify, be sick, swerve, rove, diverge, throw, roll up, rank, trudge, put, trot, run, shake off, gad, dwell on, trail, mould, turn over, crop, vagabond, retch, spue, mosey, branch off, veer, blow, divagate, flap, perambulation, drift, shed, cheat on, swear, throw up, wander, mold, verify, assert, spew, hurl, twist, purge, turn, dilate, straggle, betray, throw away, jog, enlarge, pluck, upchuck, cast, drivel, saunter, ramble on, descant, roam, extend, grow, sick, weave, graze, wind, frame, array, promenade, avow, couch, even up, browse, wheel, chatter, freewheel, blather, protract, err, redact, traipse, wrap, twine, pasture, vomit, barf, grade, clip, lay out, clamber, honk, spread, square up, deviate, roll, move, regurgitate, maunder, footslog, straddle, wave, order, plod.
- expedition (part of speech: noun)
- wander (part of speech: verb)
- "Australia Twice Traversed, The Romance of Exploration Australia Twice Traversed. The Romance Of Exploration, Being A Narrative Compiled From The Journals Of Five Exploring Expeditions Into And Through Central South Australia, And Western Australia, From 1", Ernest Giles.
- "Undine", Friedrich de la Motte Fouque.