Definition of rancor:
dudgeon, impertinence, spleen, anger, vengefulness, malignity, virulence, ill feeling, ill will, bitter, cheekiness, embitterment, mordacity, virulence, hardness of heart, thorniness, retaliation, revengefulness, resentfulness, freshness, jaundice, uncharitableness, rancour, vindictiveness, saddle sore, temper, rage, harshness, feelings, asperity, virulency, animus, variance, annoyance, tartness, venom, rancorousness, impudence, outrage, bitterness, vengeance, ruthlessness, crust, gall, mood, grudge, fury, insolence, resentment.
enmity (part of speech: noun)
- hard feelings,
- bad blood,
- resentment (part of speech: noun)
- hate (part of speech: noun)
- "Roman Holidays and Others", W. D. Howells.
- "Okewood of the Secret Service", Valentine Williams.
- "In the Heart of a Fool", William Allen White.