Definition of rap:
- A lay or skein containing 120 yards of yarn.
- A popular name for any of the tokens that passed current for a half- penny in Ireland in the early part of the eighteenth century; any coin of trifling value.
- A quick, smart blow; a knock.
- To exchange; to truck.
- To free ( a pattern) in a mold by light blows on the pattern, so as to facilitate its removal.
- To hasten.
- To seize and bear away, as the mind or thoughts; to transport out of one's self; to affect with ecstasy or rapture; as, rapt into admiration.
- To snatch away; to seize and hurry off.
- To strike with a quick, sharp blow; to knock; as, to rap on the door.
ping, hydrant, chastise, censure, dress down, reprove, cut up, ventilation, box, rebuke, belted ammunition, cut off, castigate, knock, hit, exploit, blow, words, ten-strike, calamity, roast, smash, misfortune, hip-hop, tapdance, tap, conference, concussion, burst out, ejaculate, praise, strike, solicit, spigot, dab, blame, criticise, pink, water faucet, swath, break off, pan, discussion, scold, strike hard, criticize, inculpation, cuff, exclaim, lambaste, chew out, admonish, shock, chide, fault, call down, disaster, cut, pat, knocking, whang, reprimand, bawl out, bash, belt, smasher, work stoppage, stroke, whack, pick apart, rap music, attack, tax, wiretap, upbraid, beg, knap, lash, water tap, tip, chip, reproach, intercept, incrimination, bug, buffet, belt ammunition, stripe.
- "The Comings of Cousin Ann", Emma Speed Sampson.
- "The Spinners", Eden Phillpotts.
- "Secret Memoirs: The Story of Louise, Crown Princess", Henry W. Fischer.