Definition of rapacious:
- Accustomed to seize food; subsisting on prey, or animals seized by violence; as, a tiger is a rapacious animal; a rapacious bird.
- Avaricious; grasping; extortionate; also, greedy; ravenous; voracious; as, rapacious usurers; a rapacious appetite.
- Given to plunder; disposed or accustomed to seize by violence; seizing by force.
sharp-set, edacious, acquisitive, raptorial, predacious, marauding, gluttonous, parsimonious, niggardly, carnivorous, starved, raiding, devouring, ravening, extortionate, murderous, stingy, predatory, avid, wolflike, close, voracious, ravenous, vulturine, vulturous, aggressive, wolfish, penurious, desire, savage, famished, predaceous, esurient, unappeasable, covetous.
- avaricious (part of speech: adjective)
- gluttonous (part of speech: adjective)
- "Roman Society from Nero to Marcus Aurelius", Samuel Dill.
- "The Holy Earth", L. H. Bailey.
- "Divine-Comedy-Longfellow-s-Translation-Complete", Dante Alighieri.