Definition of rare :
1. Characterized by wide separation of parts; of loose texture; not thick or dense; thin; as, a rare atmosphere at high elevations.
3. Nearly raw; partially cooked; not thoroughly cooked; underdone; as, rare beef or mutton.
4. Not frequent; seldom met with or occurring; unusual; as, a rare event.
5. Of an uncommon nature; unusually excellent; valuable to a degree seldom found.
6. Thinly scattered; dispersed.
recherché, deep-fried, extraordinaire, funny, rarified, thin, meager, elegant, blast, cooked, rarefied, idealistic, exceeding, light, few and far between, antiquated, preternatural, short, tighten, disused, exquisite, anomalous, scanty, airy, obsolescent, unaccustomed, air, au naturel, out-of-the-way, uncustomary, delicate, curried, high-minded, phenomenal, airless, high-flown, unwonted, abnormal, atmosphere, battered, curious, old, underdone, few, current, cold, especial, outstanding, airborne, standout, aberrant, al dente, towering, bloody, seldom, hoped-for, remarkable, sought-after, deviled, noble-minded, longed-for, cheap, offbeat, lofty, breathable, limited, scarce, little, dainty, once or twice, obsolete, elevated, rarely, strange, out of sight, red, exalted, deficient, like gold dust, breaded, queer, at a premium, out of date, awesome, dense, rarity, better, airflow, aberrated, grand, sublime, once in a blue moon, freak, precious, archaic, profuse, scattered, expensive, ancient, preeminent, weird, usual, magnificent, raw
choice (part of speech: noun)
unusual (part of speech: adjective)
wispy (part of speech: adjective)
infrequent (part of speech: adjective)