Definition of rare:
- Characterized by wide separation of parts; of loose texture; not thick or dense; thin; as, a rare atmosphere at high elevations.
- Nearly raw; partially cooked; not thoroughly cooked; underdone; as, rare beef or mutton.
- Not frequent; seldom met with or occurring; unusual; as, a rare event.
- Of an uncommon nature; unusually excellent; valuable to a degree seldom found.
- Thinly scattered; dispersed.
strange, aberrant, elevated, breathable, breaded, battered, cheap, tighten, noble-minded, current, underdone, aberrated, at a premium, uncommon, infrequent, once or twice, archaic, unwonted, anomalous, few and far between, profuse, extraordinary, high-minded, curious, out of date, high-flown, expensive, awesome, remarkable, scanty, antiquated, old, deviled, obsolescent, especial, exquisite, weird, precious, exalted, air, al dente, ancient, blast, airy, red, thin, limited, once in a blue moon, hoped-for, rarified, dainty, like gold dust, airborne, recherché, outstanding, obsolete, grand, rarely, scattered, dense, airless, deficient, offbeat, towering, sought-after, little, unaccustomed, au naturel, deep-fried, delicate, longed-for, atmosphere, light, elegant, abnormal, scarce, seldom, curried, airflow, queer, freak, sublime, bloody, preternatural, out-of-the-way, out of sight, funny, rarity, few, raw, extraordinaire, phenomenal, meager, lofty, cold, cooked, standout, usual, disused, uncustomary, magnificent, short, rarefied, preeminent, idealistic, exceeding, better.
- choice (part of speech: noun)
- unusual (part of speech: adjective)
- wispy (part of speech: adjective)
- infrequent (part of speech: adjective)