Definition of rash :
1. A fine eruption or efflorescence on the body, with little or no elevation.
2. An inferior kind of silk, or mixture of silk and worsted.
3. Esp., overhasty in counsel or action; precipitate; resolving or entering on a project or measure without due deliberation and caution; opposed to prudent; said of persons; as, a rash statesman or commander.
4. Requiring sudden action; pressing; urgent.
5. So dry as to fall out of the ear with handling, as corn.
6. Sudden in action; quick; hasty.
7. To prepare with haste.
8. To pull off or pluck violently.
9. To slash; to hack; to cut; to slice.
10. Uttered or undertaken with too much haste or too little reflection; as, rash words; rash measures.
feverish, indomitable, ill-advised, game to the last, harebrained, improvident, unadvised, headstrong, judicious, unconsidered, overhasty, hurried, hotblooded, heady, aimless, temerarious, blossoming, excited, florescence, furious, immature, indiscreet, venturesome, skin rash, intoxicating, without thinking, frenzied, slapdash, adventurous, bloom, premature, rushing in where angels fear to tread, quixotic, jumping to conclusions, wise, unwary, peak, uncalculating, precipitous, tenacious, insuppressible, sudden, blizzard, venturous, roseola, devil-may-care, inadvisable, careful, foolish, madcap, headlong, flowering, unthinking, efflorescence, irrational, inflorescence, anthesis, flush, harum-scarum, precipitant, flower, precipitate, heyday, snowstorm, prime, blossom, bold, determined
excitable (part of speech: adjective)
explosive, passionate, tempestuous, sensitive, volatile, excitable, crusty, irritable, stormy, ardent, touchy, fragile, nervous, fiery, combustible, quick-tempered, edgy, short-tempered, hot-tempered, emotional, high-strung, volcanic, cranky, brittle, reckless
rash (part of speech: adjective)
reckless (part of speech: adjective)
impulsive (part of speech: adjective)
- His own conduct soon convinced them that they neither had been rash nor mistaken. - "The Project Gutenberg Memoirs of Napoleon Bonaparte", Bourrienne, Constant, and Stewarton.
- Let me beg of you to think a long time before you do anything rash. - "The Motor Maids Across the Continent", Katherine Stokes.
- How might the courage of a rash and foolish company prevail against the discipline of the Roman host! - "Arthurian Chronicles: Roman de Brut", Wace.