Definition of rasping:
pettish, uneven, gravel, testy, boisterous, grating, techy, irritable, approximate, jolty, unsmooth, rasp, squawky, cranky, scratchy, raspy, nettlesome, pebbly, cacophonic, jumpy, wood file, jolting, pugnacious, shingly, rough, peevish, spotty, peckish, fierce, approximative, sounds, cacophonous, dry, petulant, abrasive, bumpy, uncut, crude, fractious, rocky, gravelly, tetchy.
- chafing (part of speech: verb)
- screaming (part of speech: verb)
- shrill (part of speech: adjective)
- friction (part of speech: noun)
- "Peccavi", E. W. Hornung.
- "The Triumph of Hilary Blachland", Bertram Mitford.
- "Breaking Point", James E. Gunn.