Definition of ration:
bowl, contain, collect, ration out, bed, crumb, redistribute, cake, bite, consumption, curb, c., determine, control, parcel out, divvy, bowlful, confine, double up, regulate, limit, cure, restrict, can, switch off, pool, batch, keep down.
- amount (part of speech: noun)
- allotment (part of speech: noun)
give (part of speech: verb)
- portion (part of speech: noun)
- allot (part of speech: verb)
- "The New Book Of Martyrs", Georges Duhamel.
- "Terre Napoleon A history of French explorations and projects in Australia", Ernest Scott.
Our journey up the Darling had been of greater length than I had anticipated, and it appeared to me that I could not do better than reduce the ration of flour at this early stage of the expedition to provide the more certainly for the future.- "Expedition into Central Australia", Charles Sturt.