Definition of rational:
- A rational being.
- Agreeable to reason; not absurd, preposterous, extravagant, foolish, fanciful, or the like; wise; judicious; as, rational conduct; a rational man.
- Expressing the type, structure, relations, and reactions of a compound; graphic; - said of formulae. See under Formula.
- Having reason, or the faculty of reasoning; endowed with reason or understanding; reasoning.
- Relating to the reason; not physical; mental.
objective, thoughtful, synthetic, good, systematic, circumspect, grounded, apt, sagacious, keen-sighted, lucid, analytical, knowing, sharp, commonsense, solid, absurd, quick-scented, sober, conscious, sharp-witted, rational number, sane, reasoned, enlightened, impartial, reason, discriminating, mature, practical, sapient, philosophic, firm, commonsensical, informed, well-founded, noetic, acute, compos mentis, reasonable, just, clear-headed, mental, reflective, ratiocinative, levelheaded, demythologised, analytic, keen-witted, hard, judicious, together, logical, perspicacious, intelligent, cool, reasoning, commonsensible, valid, clear-sighted, quick of scent, justified, well-grounded, intellectual, stable, demythologized, consequent, sage, deliberate, thinking, shrewd, keen, level-headed, irrational, coherent, able, pragmatic, calm, discerning, collected, prudent.
- calculational (part of speech: adjective)
- reasonable (part of speech: adjective)
- sane (part of speech: adjective)
- intellectual (part of speech: adjective)