Definition of reading:
- A lecture or prelection; public recital.
- Addicted to reading; as, a reading community.
- An observation read from the scale of a graduated instrument; as, the reading of a barometer.
- Manner of reciting, or acting a part, on the stage; way of rendering.
- Of or pertaining to the act of reading; used in reading.
- of Read
- Study of books; literary scholarship; as, a man of extensive reading.
- The act of one who reads; perusal; also, printed or written matter to be read.
- The way in which anything reads; force of a word or passage presented by a documentary authority; lection; version.
drill, course session, reading material, excerpt, interlingual rendition, training, yarn, utterance, presentation, practice session, passage, execution, quotation, development, class period, culture, account, recitation, interpreting, narration, examination, information, practice, nurture, section, paraphrase, translation, indication, variant, scrutiny, tuition, cultivation, performing arts, delivery, brief, interpretation, knowledge, meter reading, exercise, extract, indicant, perusal, schooling, discipline, teaching, variation, adaptation, recital, instruction, text, rendition, performance, rendering, denotation, version, realization, study, installment, edition, digest, breeding, expression.
- interpretation (part of speech: noun)
- learning (part of speech: verb)